2019 World Border Security Congress issues call for papers
Author: huifan Time: 2018-05-11
The World Border Security Congress Advisory Committee is now inviting abstracts from those interested in speaking at next year’s conference. Proposals should be about 200 words in length and submitted by July 31, 2018.
The 2019 World Border Security Congress will be held next March in Casablanca and will be co-hosted by Morocco’s Ministry of Interior and Directorate General for Migration and Border Surveillance and supported by the International Security Industry Organisation, National Security & Resilience Consortium and International Association of CIP Professionals.
The three day event will examine current and future policies, implementation issues and challenges as well as new and developing technologies that contribute towards safe and secure border and migration management. Particular topics for discussion and focus to be considered include:
– Border surveillance techniques and systems
– Enhance the protection and management of extended land borders
– Information and data sharing under pressure from privacy laws
– Ensuring effectiveness against growing criminality and terrorist threats
– Maritime, port and coastal border security
– Increase of illegal migrant numbers and movements
– New technologies to ease travel for bona fide travelers
– Costs of delivering streamlined safety and security at ports and borders
– Increase in trafficking in human beings by transnational criminal gangs
Check out the conference website for more speaking topics or to submit your abstract.