The Ultimate Guide to Face Recognition Time Clock for Employees
Author: huifan Time: 2021-06-17
At this particular time when COVID-19 was created, large countries, small businesses and communities are more concerned about non-contact ways to take attendance of their employees, track their working hours, automatically calculate payroll according to the system, and automatically and flexibly create work shifts through facial recognition time and attendance software, thus reducing the risk of infection and contamination brought about by face-to-face contact. Create a safer and more comfortable working environment for employees. Huifan's self-developed RA08T temperature facial recognition time clock time and attendance machine with temperature recognition, mask recognition, and secondary development of cloud-based time and attendance software is loved by many people, thus replacing the traditional biometric fingerprint clock that requires contact with the site to track employee time and attendance calculations.
The Ultimate Guide to Face Recognition Time Attendance for Employees. Let have a look
What is the definition of facial recognition software? How does facial recognition work?
Facial recognition time clock falls into a broad category of technology called biometrics. Biometric technology uses biometric information to verify identity. The theory behind biometrics is that our bodies contain some unique characteristics that can be used to distinguish us from others.
There are various methods of facial recognition, but they usually involve a series of steps such as capturing, analyzing and comparing your face to an image stored in a face recognition database. The following is the basic process used by facial recognition systems to capture and compare images.
To determine someone's identity, facial recognition software compares a newly captured image with an image stored in a database.
Detection - When the system is connected to a video surveillance system, the recognition software searches the camera's field of view for facial information. If a face is present in the field of view, it detects it in a fraction of a second. It uses a multi-scale algorithm to search for facial images at low resolution. The system switches to high-resolution search only after it detects a head-like shape.
Alignment - Once a facial image is detected, the system determines the position, size and pose of the head. The system only records it if the face is at an angle of at least 35 degrees to the camera.
Standardization - The head image is scaled and rotated so that it can be recorded and mapped to the appropriate size and pose. The normalization process can be performed regardless of the position of the head and how far away it is from the camera. Light does not affect the normalization process.
Representation - The system converts the facial data into a unique code. The code makes it easier to compare the newly captured facial data with the stored facial data.
Matching - the newly captured facial data is compared to the stored data and (ideally) linked to at least one of the stored facial images.
Facial Recognition System By using facial recognition software, police officers can zoom the camera frame and capture a particular face.
The system can match facial data in memory at a rate of 60 million faces per minute, and for facial data on the hard drive, 15 million faces per minute. When performing a comparison, the system uses a value between 1 and 10 to represent the comparison result. If the value is greater than a pre-defined threshold, a match is declared to have been found. The operator can then look at the two photos declared as matches to determine if the computer is working accurately.
A short summary is that facial recognition technology is a convenient, efficient, and user-demanding biometric identification method that does not require a password or a card identification. Through the algorithm of technology (identification and verification), it can achieve the behavior and purpose of tracking employee attendance.
Unlike the previous contact attendance, the employee only needs to face the camera, the camera captures the face, and the algorithm recognizes the employee's face and compares it with the known data in the system, which often takes less than a second.
Advantages of using face recognition time clock technology
Biometric identification is a large category of identification technology that has been developing at a fast pace in recent years and is of great concern to the public, and it is a technology that relies on the unique physiological characteristics of an organism as the identification password.
One, non-contact identification. Face recognition system need not be like fingerprint recognition, iris recognition general, need to be identified by the initiative to detect, just stand in the detection range of the machine can be, convenient and fast.
Second, non-compulsory. Users do not need to specifically cooperate with the face collection equipment, almost in the unconscious state can get the face image, so the sampling method is not "mandatory".
Third, strong anti-counterfeiting ability. The face as a unique physiological characteristics, coupled with the increasingly perfect in vivo detection technology, can be a good response to many counterfeiting attacks.
Fourth, concurrency. It can sort, judge and identify multiple faces under practical application scenarios, which is in line with visual characteristics: "recognizing people by their appearance", simple operation, intuitive results and good concealment.
What are the benefits of biometric face recognition time and attendance?
Contactless technology not only helps to control employees' working hours, but also saves business resources by automating the control process and employee time card management.
The ability to use the system on mobile devices allows medium and large companies to track time and attendance more economically.
The biometric face recognition time clock system's features offer undeniable benefits, such as
- Reduce administrative costs by 5-10%
- Increase employee productivity by 10%
- Up to 15% time savings for supervisors through automated time and attendance control
- Companies can optimize production costs by using facial recognition software because of the following
- The time and attendance system captures data on all employees' working hours in real-time
- The optimization of organizational costs is based on the valid data received.
- The service can effectively address a range of HR tasks, such as achieving better discipline by capturing the time employees are in and out, late or absent.
- Supervisors can view current data online and set up alert notifications in case an employee is not registered.
- Automating employee attendance with facial recognition software and integrating it with payroll systems can improve workplace discipline and reduce administrative costs by 5-10%.
- Fully Automated Employee Time and Attendance Tracking with Facial Recognition Software
- User-friendly tools that can help optimize management and labor costs
- Reliable, easy to use and fast system
- Easy to install. No additional hardware required
- Works autonomously in online/offline mode No need to maintain a connection to a computer
- Face recognition time clock for employee management
- Automatic time card for working hours
- Real-time employee monitoring
- Detection of late and missed time
- When an employee is late - this is the first sign that the employee is not working efficiently.
- Lack of conscientiousness and personal problems will lead to poor customer service.
- With real-time reporting, managers will be able to determine which departments and which employees can improve their productivity.
- This approach is equally applicable to small offices and large production sites.
- Punch-in and punch-out registration via facial recognition, contactless cards or remote keys.
- Combining multiple terminals into one system can handle remote locations and departments and is best suited for large organizations.
- Data comes in real time.
When there is no connection to the server, the device can store all events and automatically send them to the system when the connection is restored.
Additional functional advantages
- Automated time and attendance system can solve employee management tasks
- Electronic time card management. Tracking of PTO, vacation, sick leave. Flexible shifts. Lunch break.
- Instant registration and monitoring of late arrivals, early departures, missed days, access control
- Ability to add your own events or rules. Travel and leave registration. Task management
- Calculation of salary (bonus) based on schedule and hours worked. Hourly calculation. Calculation of the number of days late, late punch time, early departure from payroll
- Real-time reports showing current situation
- Export working hours in various formats to payroll software
- Automatic shift scheduling by schedule
- Notification alerts when employees are late or leave early
How facial recognition works in a business environment
Contact-free time and attendance system
Easy to install and use with existing terminals
The perfect solution for employee clocks
Temperature screening with email alerts
Wearing masks to work in dark environments
5000 employee capacity
Additional functional advantages
Huifan Technology successfully customized a variety of requirements for facial recognition temperature for customers