Ethiopias biometric national ID project Process
Author: huifan Time: 2023-02-06
- The NIDP has been registered on a pilot basis in the government and non-government sectors and will continue to be registered in various sectors
- Financial sector: Banks, including PSNP and other financial sectors
- Research sector: Universities
- Telecommunications: Ethio-Telecom, Safaricom
- Civil Service: Addis Ababa City Hall, Document Audit Registration, Registration of Important Events, the Ministry of Transport, etc.
- Eligible applicants can visit the National ID Headquarters on the third floor of the Four Kilo Hilco Building, located next to the Abrehot National Library near General Wingate St.
To obtain a digital identification number, please meet the following requirements
- Eligible registrants: Who is eligible to receive a digital ID number?
- Visit your nearest registration office: Once you are eligible, you can visit your nearest National ID registration office.
- Signing the Consent Form Eligible registrants must complete and sign a consent form indicating their willingness to provide their demographic and biometric information.
- Verify Identity Eligible registrants will need to verify their identity by providing legal identification documents, such as a Kebele ID, passport, birth certificate, driver's license, etc
- Demographic Information Collection: In this process, the minimum demographic information characteristics that are most important for uniquely identifying subscribers are collected.
- Biometric data collection: Standard biometric data is collected using three biometric capture tools
- Fingerprints (4-4-2 fingers) eyelid prints (both eyes) and facial photographs
- Obtain FAYDA number (unique identification number) Upon successful registration, subscribers will receive a printed confirmation of their registration and will then be issued a unique identification number FAYDA number. Subscribers will receive a FAYDA (unique identification number) via SMS.
Chongqing Huifan Technology Co., Ltd. has 17 years of experience in biological research and development, and has participated in different government governments, identity recognition projects, and fingerprint identification projects around the world.